Need a last minute Christmas gift for an older female? Our gorgeous, luxury skincare for mature skin, ticks every box.
Our last minute Christmas skincare for mature skin is chosen by Claire, Head of Social Media at allbeauty. Our picks are suitable for women aged 40+
Christmas Delivery: for full details, see our delivery page.
Gifting skincare is a great idea for an older female – here are my top tips on how to choose:
- If you can, go for luxury. Opening something extra special is a real joy! A giftset takes out the guesswork.
- Serums are a great choice. Women tend to use these as standalone products, so it doesn’t matter which range you go for. If in doubt, Clarins, Decléor, Gatineau or Guinot are all brands she’ll know and love.
- A luxury night cream makes a great choice for a standalone gift – Decléor is a perfect brand for mature skin.
- For stocking fillers, choose micellar water or a face mask.
- Gifting a single piece of skincare? Wrap it in tissue paper and pop into a gift bag, tied closed with a bow – easy!
- A word of warning: stay away from anything too ‘obvious’ – giving gifts labelled ‘skin resurfacing’ or ‘anti-wrinkle’ may send the wrong message!
TOP PICK #1
EVE LOM Cleanser – All Skin Types, From £38.15
Described by Vogue as ‘probably the best cleanser in the world’. For me too, this is the holy grail of cleansers! The product has a beautiful honey scent and easily breaks down makeup and impurities. It’s honestly like putting nectar on your skin and leaves it feeling incredible. I’d give it 5 stars.
TOP PICK #2
Clarins – Face Treatment Oil Blue Orchid Dehydrated Skin 30ml – Our Price £29.00
Treatment oils are big news and this one from Clarins contains only pure, natural, plant extracts. Used at night, it’s a luxury step that will leave her waking with soft, moisturised skin. allbeauty customer Charlotte said “I love the aromatherapy smell of this oil and it keeps my dry skin hydrated and supple”. Personally, I’ve never used a Clarins product I didn’t really like. The bottle + pipette style of this product makes me feel like it’s a salon experience.
TOP PICK #3
Olay Regenerist – 3 Point Super Age-Defying Night Cream 50ml – Our Price £19.95 (RRP £30)
Olay Regenerist is SO well loved, there’s no way I could leave it off my list! Claiming to give dramatically newer skin in just 5 days, all while you sleep at night – who could say no to that? Our customers rate it 5 stars on allbeauty and women just love it. The perfect gift.
TOP PICK #4
Elizabeth Arden – Ceramide Advanced Daily Youth Restoring Eye Serum Capsules (x60) – Our Price £39.00 (RRP £52)
An eye cream is a luxury we all need after the age of 30, but so many of us forget. These capsules from Elizabeth Arden are bestselling favourites and genuinely effective. Safe for sensitive eyes (they’re ophthalmologist tested), the capsules mean you use exactly the right amount. AND they’re in a stunning gold tin – perfect for Christmas!
TOP PICK #5
Elizabeth Arden – Visible Difference Refining Moisture Cream Complex 75ml – Our Price £14.95 (RRP £30)
For a moisturiser, I’ve chosen Elizabeth Arden again because I absolutely ADORE this product!! I’ve used it since I was 14 and it’s my go-to time and again. Like putting on air-whipped cream, your skin feels soft and moisturised every time, with no greasy feel. We’ve linked to the 75ml here for budget reasons, but there is a 100ml available if you want to push the boat out.