By Nicola Elliott, Founder NEOM Organics London
I’m not a calm person, I wish I was. I am a full-on ball of energy (and have burnt the candle at both ends) kind-of-girl. My default state is busy, busy, BUSY AND it’s probably why I suffered (and still do) from anxiety, which happens to be one of the reasons I turned to blending essentials oils to help. The NEOM Lifestyle Audit from March this year revealed that a third of the UK population suffer from stress on a regular basis – so seems it’s not just me!
So, I turned to essential oils and found blending the right ones were a massive help. In particular the blend I started with was what we now call Real Luxury with 24 different oils to work their absolute hardest for you if you’re prone to stress, or like me, anxiety. If you are not a naturally calm person, then I believe you have to learn to create calm with modern remedies for modern life. I am able to manage it every day with these oils and a bit of a wellbeing tool kit.
In a recent NEOM wellbeing article we interviewed Emily Wysock-Wright – a wellness expert and founder of self re-discovery programme, Adira who says her top tips for lowering anxiety are things like having a bath; “this is my place to cleanse my thoughts and gain perspective. Essential oils can be great for anxiety and relieving stress and I love adding lavender or chamomile to my bath.” Says Emily. She recommends trying a supplement and eating chocolate too.
It’s really important to note that what works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another, so you have to find your own tool kit. It takes time to get it right BUT here are a few things that work for me…
- Move. Yep exercise. I love the saying that our friends over at FRAME have which is ‘support your local endorphin dealer’ – which is so true. Endorphins are good for everything!
- Meditate. I use the Calm app when I can (this is one of the hardest things for me to do!)
- Use NEOM Real Luxury oils amongst it all. My fav’s are the Magnesium Body Butter, candle (or the Essential Oil Blend in my Wellbeing Pod if time is limited and I need an instant boost) and I keep the On The Go Mist and Pulse Point handy (and use the 7/11 breathing technique alongside). Wherever I go, they go!
- Supplements – Magnolia Rhodiola.
- Reading. I find good books can reside my brain! I rate Solve for Happy by Mo Gawdat.
Was this helpful? If so, shop all Neom products or continue reading more on our blog.
P.S. Here’s some of our favourite Neom products…